The ACEP Nominating Committee is accepting individual and component body recommendations for Board of Directors, Council speaker, and Council vice speaker candidates.
A true measure of a leader is knowing when it is time to accept the challenge of leadership. One must carefully consider their education, life experiences, and potential to determine when they are ready to lead. If you know you are ready to lead, don't wait for a phone call to determine your interest in seeking nomination! Take the initiative to contact your component body president or section chair to express your interest in nomination, and ask that a letter of support be submitted on your behalf.
To qualify for a Board position or Council office, a candidate must:
be highly motivated to serve ACEP and be committed for three years for a Board position;
- be an ACEP member in good standing with no delinquent dues;
- be an ACEP member for at least five years;
- show evidence of ACEP involvement in both national and chapter activities (such as current or past chapter officer, current or past national committee leadership, current or past service as a councillor or alternate councillor, or current or past section leadership);
- show chapter and/or section support for candidacy.
Criteria for nomination to Council office include:
- nominees must be active members of the Council (presently or recently);
- nominees must be active nationally (presently or recently); and
- there will be no exclusions because of past service.
Nominations must be received by March 1, 2019 and may be emailed to John G. McManus, Jr.. MD, MBA, FACEP and copied to Sonja Montgomery.
Elections for the Board of Directors will occur on Saturday, October 26, 2019, during the Council meeting in Denver, CO. Please contact Sonja Montgomery at 800-798-1822, ext. 3202 with questions about the nomination process.